Each Spring the graduate students in the Philosophy Department elect two of their number to serve as Graduate Student Representatives for the following academic year.
The Graduate Student Representatives are expected to:
- attend department meetings where they act as liaisons between graduate students and faculty, communicating the needs of the graduate students to faculty members and participating in departmental decisions, including decisions about the graduate curriculum, on behalf of the graduate students.
- serve on the Appointments Committee where they play a role in the hiring choices of the department.
- solicit volunteers for departmental committees that require graduate student members, including the committee responsible for organizing the annual Princeton-Rutgers Graduate Philosophy Conference.
- assist in the recruitment of prospective graduate students, including initial communication about visits and arranging appointments and lodging.
- welcome incoming graduate students by answering any questions they may have about the program, organizing orientation activities, and pairing them with older students in their areas of interest.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
Graduate Student Committees 2016-17
|PhilSoc (2-3)||Patrick Miller, Aarthy Vaidyanathan|
|Social (2)||Gabriel Shapiro, Brett Karlan|
|Grad Conference (3)||(No Princeton-Rutgers conference this year)|
|Princeton Workshop in Normative Philosophy (PWNP) (3)||Sam Preston, Erik Zhang, Joseph Moore|
|Paper Tigers (1)||Daniel Kranzelbinder|
|Receptions||All first year PHI grad students (11 students)|
|Course Allocation (2)||Thomas Lambert, Merrick Anderson|
|Classical Philosophy (2)||Wenjin Liu, Merrick Anderson|
|Modern Philosophy (1-2)||Claudia Dumitru|
|Library & Computers (1)||Snow Zhang|
|Career Development (1-2)||Joseph Moore|
|Minorities and Philosophy (MAP)||Robin Dembroff, Alex Meehan, Alejandro Naranjo Sandoval, Claudia Yau, Aarthy Vaidyanathan, Elena Di Rosa, Patrick Miller, Kyle Landrum|
|Graduate Representatives (2)||Colin Bradley, Kyle Landrum|
The Committees have no chairs.
Former Graduate Student Representatives
Rachel Cristy/Yena Lee