Date of Update: 8/12/2021
Each Spring the graduate students in the Philosophy Department elect two of their number to serve as Graduate Student Representatives for the following academic year.
Graduate Student Representatives 2021-22
The Graduate Student Representatives are expected to:
- attend department meetings where they act as liaisons between graduate students and faculty, communicating the needs of the graduate students to faculty members and participating in departmental decisions, including decisions about the graduate curriculum, on behalf of the graduate students.
- serve on the Appointments Committee where they play a role in the hiring choices of the department.
- solicit volunteers for departmental committees that require graduate student members, including the committee responsible for organizing the annual Princeton-Rutgers Graduate Philosophy Conference.
- assist in the recruitment of prospective graduate students, including initial communication about visits and arranging appointments and lodging.
- welcome incoming graduate students by answering any questions they may have about the program, organizing orientation activities, and pairing them with older students in their areas of interest.
- perform other responsibilities as required.
Graduate Student Committees 2021-22
|PhilSoc (2)||Brendan Kolb, Fanhao Meng|
|Social (2)||Calvin Baker, Sam Fullhart|
|Course Allocation (2; Grad Reps)||Giulia Weißmann, Eleanor Gordon-Smith|
|Classical Philosophy (2)||Giulia Weißmann, Bridget Brasher|
|Modern Philosophy (1)||João Marques Carvalho|
|Minorities and Philosophy (MAP) (1)||Alice van't Hoff|
|COMPASS (2)||Rebecca Mullen, Norah Woodcock|
|Graduate Representatives (2)||Giulia Weißmann, Eleanor Gordon-Smith|
|Prospectives' Visit Committee (2)||Kieran Britt, Che Li|
(MLE) Reading Group (1)
|PWNP (1)||Maggie Shea, Rebecca Mullen|
|Job Market Gifts (1-2)||Waner Zhang|
|Prospective Visits Gender Minority (1)||Katie Rech|
|BIPOC Breakfasts/Meetings (1)||Sebastian Liu|
|GSG Rep (1)||Ian McKeachie|
The Committees have no chairs.